https://pantsbuild.org/ logo
#general
Title
# general
m

mysterious-action-44812

01/25/2017, 5:59 PM
Hey guys, my folks are getting some weird ivy errors (have been for a while now trying to get to bottom of it). we have bit of non-standardness in that we store our internal company jars in S3 and use a customer resolver (https://github.com/ActionIQ/s3-ivy-resolver) to fetch those. this is how we did things back in maven/sbt times so we ported it over. anyways, to make it work with pants here’s what we use: https://gist.github.com/nitay/a29582f3c558d85a37625cc375923dfe The problem we’re seeing is that once in a while
resolve.ivy
fails with odd cannot find jar xyz errors (even though those jars are definitely there), like https://gist.github.com/nitay/6a57654c1fc95618a56969c9b6f31822 but intermittently. The only thing that seems to fix it (and not clear if always fixes it) is setting
use_nailgun: False
as you see in snippet. I also tried not doing that but using
./pants ng-killall
but that doesn’t fix it. In S3 we store our jars, which have their own deps most of which come from maven-central. Something in that flow mixed with the various caching of pants/nailgun/etc seems to intermittently fail but its not clear to me why/where